- Is Uplands in Vaughan a Good Place to Live?
- A Convenient Community to Live in
- Childcare Facilities Closeby
- Shopping in the Uplands Neighbourhood
- Statistics About the People Living in the Uplands Community
- Amenities Nearby
- Recreation for Children Ages 13-17
- Recreation for Adults 18+
- Time Program
- Is the Uplands Community a Safe Place to Live?
House Types For Sale in Uplands
167 Rosedale Heights Dr
Listed 1 day ago
31 Longbridge Rd
Listed 1 day ago
278 Flamingo Rd
Listed 9 days ago
18 Roxborough Lane
Listed 10 days ago
338 Flamingo Rd
Listed 4 days ago
14 Vistaview Blvd
Listed 11 days ago
3 Elmbank Rd
Listed 19 days ago
42 Riverside Blvd
Listed 1 day ago
318 Centre St
Listed 12 days ago
15 Roxborough Lane E
Listed 2 months ago
3 Parkway Ave
Listed 2 months ago
17 Oakbank Rd
Listed 2 months ago
Is Uplands in Vaughan a Good Place to Live?
The community of Uplands located in Thornhill, in the City of Vaughan, is a very prestigious area to live in. The homes found in this community are very large scale homes with beautiful properties. Many of the people that live in this community are professionals with a large income. The properties are kept immaculate, and the streets are stunning. In this upper Yonge Street neighbourhood, there are many things close by for all members of the family to enjoy. Downtown Toronto is just a short commute away for attending special events and sporting events.
A Convenient Community to Live in
The Uplands community has many great features that anyone living there can enjoy. The convenience rating for this community is 86/100, which is exceptional. The average price of homes in this neighbourhood is approximately 23.4% higher than other homes in the surrounding areas, making this a very high-end community. There are many amenities close by for great shopping experiences, fine dining and entertainment for the entire family.
This neighbourhood has an amazing EQAO Average score of 82/100. There are many education centres in close proximity to this neighbour such as:
- Ventura Park Public School – 3 year score of 92
- Westmount Collegiate Institute – Secondary School – 3 year score – 84
- Wilshire Elementary & Middle School – 3 year score – 79
- Rosedale Heights Public School – Elementary & Middle School – 3 year score 71
- Brownridge Public School – Elementary & Middle School – 3 year score 69
There are many other great educational facilities in the surrounding area as well.
Childcare Facilities Closeby
There are 3 great Child Care Centres in the area of Uplands. They are:
- Rosedale North Child Care Centre
- Butternut Children’s Centre
- Oxford Learning Centre
Shopping in the Uplands Neighbourhood
Enjoy great shopping experiences while living in the Uplands community. There are many specialty boutiques, fashion malls, box stores, grocery stores in the vicinity.
Statistics About the People Living in the Uplands Community
In this neighbourhood, you will find mostly mature adults aged 45-64 with teenage children. The statistics below will give you an idea of the age ranges in this community:
- Children ages 0-12 – 14%
- Teenagers ages – 13-19 -19%
- Young Adults ages – 20-29 – 14%
- Adults ages 30-44 – 11%
- Adults ages 45-64 – 38%
- Adults ages 65 and older – 3%
75% of the population in this community are European. 14% are from the British Isles, 4% are from East and Southeast Asia, and 3% are African.
- Newport Square Park, which has undergone major playground improvements, is within 0-2km away.
- Rosemount Arena located on New Westminster Drive, is between 0-2 km away.
- Garnet A. Williams Community Centre on Clark Avenue West, which offers community facilities for all family members including: Indoor swimming pool with a Tarzan rope, a fitness centre containing a cycling studio sauna, whirlpool, indoor track, racquetball court, and squash courts
- Older Adult Drop-in Recreation
- Skating and Hockey
Uplands Golf & Ski Club
Conveniently located on Uplands Avenue, this great 9 hole golf course boasts some of the best scenery as the golf course crisscrosses in a mature treed forested valley. The golf course is known throughout Southern Ontario for its hole 4 and hole 8 par threes.
Ski and Snowboarding
Enjoy skiing on a vertical drop of 100 feet slopes, varying in length up to 1000 feet. This is a great place for people of all ages to learn to ski. All instructors use the CSIA and CASI teaching methods and are all certified.
Join Vaughan’s fitness membership program and enjoy the many perks you will have access to such as:
- Access to 6 fitness centres and pools
- Squash leagues
- Fitness and spin classes
- Member appreciation events
- Individual Program Designs
- Free Guest days
- Family and referral discounts
- New recreational sports
- New shinny hockey and skating
- Early renewal discounts
You can also add other features onto your membership such as:
- Paid babysitting services at some of the locations
- Nutrition consultations
- A savings of 25% on all personal training plans
Staying fit and eating healthy can add to your quality of life and longevity.
Recreation for Children Ages 13-17
If you are looking to provide leisure activities for your children or grandchildren, Uplands is the place to live. Children between the ages of 13-17 can enjoy many fun activities such as:
- Karate Classes
- Learning to Play Squash
- Learning to Play Volleyball
This is just naming a few of the many activities children living or visiting in the Uplands community can enjoy.
Recreation for Adults 18+
Living in Uplands in the City of Vaughan opens a whole new world of recreation for adults. There are many classes available to enjoy learning new skills while having a lot of fun. Some of the activities available are:
- Photography Basics Classes
- Drawing With Technique Classes
- Painting Palette Classes
- Culinary Arts Classes
- Heath and Wellness Classes
- Craving Change Workshop -Healthy Eating Classes for adults recently diagnosed with diabetes and other health issues that require changing eating habits.
- Pathway to Wellness: Self-Care Practices for Adults
- Meditation Yoga
- Pilates Classes
And many many more to be enjoyed by all adult aged individuals.
The city of Vaughan also offers the Time program, which was created by the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute. This program assists people who suffer from:
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Brain injuries
- Mobility issues
- Balance issues
Note: You must have a referral from a physician to participate in any of these Time classes.
This is a great program, especially for the residents of the Uplands community the majority of the population here are ages 45 and older. As we all know, the older you get, the more important it is to take care of yourself and participate in programs and classes that could benefit your health.
Is the Uplands Community a Safe Place to Live?
The Uplands community, which is located in York Region, has shown a decline in crime rates over the last few years. Statistics have shown that living in this upscale community provides a comfortable and safe living environment. You can feel safe walking the streets during the day or night in this neighbourhood. The majority of the residents in this neighbourhood are mature professional adults with a relatively high income.
Overall the Vaughan Uplands provides a great living environment for all age groups and all walks of life.